CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Movie Foods

I have decided that I throughly enjoy movies where the main character is, or is involved with a baker.
Some of my favorites include Stranger than fiction starring Will Ferrell. Will Ferrell is an auditor for the IRS, and falls inlove with a fiesty earth muffin who dropped out of law school to bake and make the world a better place.
I also really enjoy Chocolat, starring Juliette Binoche, yes it is a chick flick, and johnny depp is the romantic lead role. But before I really cared about boys I was entranced by Juliette binoche stirring rich melted chocolate with a wooden spoon, and dusting a freshly baked cake with cocoa powder the color of rich earth.
I find the scene in Stranger than Fiction were Will Ferrell gives baker an assortment of baking flowers the most romantic and well played scene in movies.
Maybe I just connect with the strong woman baker role. There is something admirable about the woman who can change the world with sweets. I hope that some day I can attain that level. I think I have come pretty close with my chocolate chip cookies...


7 comments:

Fishball said...

that is a really good movie. will ferrell should do more like that one. and if you ever feel like baking something, i know a guy who would be more than happy to help you eat whatever it was you baked...(oh that would be me)

Lizi Dorff said...

i love both of those movies and definitely agree that will ferrell giving her the assortment of baking flour is adorable.

Brittany Perez said...

I was just going to mention the baking flour gift then I saw that Lizi beat me to it. Oh well, still so wonderful. Plus, I really want cookies every time I see this movie.

Taylor_tots said...

I have actually never seen either of those movies...so I now I feel as if I should. Plus, you describe them so well, I think I will go rent them this weekend :)

Courtney said...

Have you ever seen The Waitress? Another great food movies about a woman who makes pies for a living, I think you would love it!

Anonymous said...

Two very good movies! I like them both for many reasons. Chocolate is were we found the name for our daughter, Vienne.

BA said...

I am a will ferrell fan too.