CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

College Food

This weeks adventures were pretty typical. On monday I tried to make some filling for burritos with peppers, onions, tomatoes and pinto beans. I prepared the peppers and onions, then poured in a can of "chipotle flavored diced tomatoes". Along with a can of pinto beans I was good to go. The result was chile. I couldn't believe it, I had just made chili, except it wasn't so thick because it hadn't been stewing all day. I shrugged, and placed it in my tortilla anyway. It reminded me of chili cook offs back in the homeward, but it was that wierd chili that tastes like someone else made it.
Something I also really enjoy doing when i'm hungry is spreading peanut butter on a tortilla, folding it in half, then grilling it in a frying pan till it's crispy, like a quesadilla. Something about crispy, peanut buttery-ness hits the spot everytime. And when it's a special occasion I throw in a few chocolate chips too.

3 comments:

Jill Larsen said...

Sounds delicious!

Courtney said...

oh wow, that sounds great. I'm up for anything with peanut butter, and that hot, crispiness sounds wonderful! Thanks for the tip.

Taylor_tots said...

I have never heard of that before! With the peanut butter, sounds interesting though. I had some really amazing cookies at church last Sunday... they had peanut butter too and were really good!!