CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Good story of the week


So today, in honor of our presidents and american culture, my roomate, her sister and husband and I all went out to Red Robin. Yes it sounds rash and expensive, but it gets better. First I realized that Red Robin has free bottomless fries, all you have to do is ask. So we were eating fries (which are better then most I have eaten), and the waitress asked if we would move tables because they needed to use ours, and if we did we would get free dessert. So we're like " yeah of course" (we would of moved even if we didn't get a free dessert for sure). As we ate our various plates we discussed what we could of done to recieve such good fortune.
After a burger and fries we were all quite full enough. But in good american fashion we requested our free dessert. What did we order? The "mile high mud pie". The picture looked quite small really, not nearly a mile tall. But what we got was huge, probably seven inches tall, with whip cream. What it was was chocolate icecream, vanilla iceream, and peanut butter things, and fudgy things, and cookie crumb things. It was quite good, for a while... Soon we were groaning, taking spoonful after spoonful, but we had to finish it, heck we got it for free. As we left the resturaunt, totally overloaded and in real physical pain I realized, this wasn't a blessing, but a lesson, learned the hard way. I need to eat less like an american.

3 comments:

BA said...

I could go for a mile high mud pie right now!

Courtney said...

That mile high wonder sounds amazing and I've got to say that I've never had a regret about desserts that great. A few worth indulging in from my experience are P.F. Changs's great wall of chocolate and Chili's molten chocolate lava cake. I guess I've got a strong stomach, but I'm always a little reluctant to share these with more than one other person!

Taylor_tots said...

My fiance and I went to Red Robin recently as well, but we didn't get dessert. However, my fiance really likes that mud pie. I have never had it, but it sounds okay. I hate that when you just finish eating and you feel sick. It is just not a good feeling at all!