CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Avocado

As my roomate and I were sitting at the table eating the fresh guacamole I had just prepared, a thought came to me. Avocados are the best fruit ever--yes they are a fruit. Not only are they a wonderful color, but they are creamy, delicous, and healthy. My absolute favorite way to eat avocado is in homeade chunky guacomole, not made from a package, but real onions, lime juice etc. In honor of the avocado that made my weekend I have some fun facts about avocados provided by www.avocado.org.

  • Avocados are sodium and cholesteral free, with only 5 grams of fat.
  • two mature avocado trees can provide enough oxygen for a family of four
  • 43% of US households by avocados
  • there are 7,000 avocado groves in California
  • The avocado is also called an alligator pear.

Yeah, I know right?

So whats your favorite way to eat an avocado? Or do you just hate the blessed fruit? Tell me, or not.

5 comments:

Alina said...

I actually don't like avocados very much but my grandma and my dad LOVE homemade guacamole! Yeah, they would agree with you that homemade guacamole is definitely better than that green junk that comes from the store.

Keith McKay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith McKay said...

First of all, kudos for finding time to make all this food from scratch (chocolate cake, guacamole, etc...)

I personally am not a fan of avocados, nor do I enjoy guacamole, but guac-flavored corn chips are amazing. Go figure.
The best fruit in the world as far as my thinking takes me is a fresh, ripe pineapple.

Taylor_tots said...

I love avocado! I like to eat it just plain with lemon juice. It is the most delicious thing ever. I worked at a restaurant which is how I learned that little avocado secret.

Brittany Perez said...

My mother makes this avacado treat using lime and hot sauce/salsa that she loves. I can't stand avacado or any dip made from it, so I don't know if it's any good.