CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sandwich Artist






So as it turns out, I am a sandwich artist. At least I think that's my job title. I happen to work at the Subway on Bulldog. So three times a week you can find me there, behind the counter ready to serve you a delectable sandwich made with the utmost precision. But really it's not that glamourous. The most popular sandwich I make is turkey on white bread with just mayonaise, and olives. I wish I could say something to them, like-"try a vegetable, they're nutritious, and I have several", but I can't. For those unfamiliar to the subway tradition, you can choose what bread, meat, vegetables and condiments you would like. As the result you have a beautiful sandwich, made fresh and just the way you like it. I realize that sounds like a promotional plug in, but we were expecting that from the beginning. Anyway, I do really enjoy sandwiches, and I even get a free sandwich every shift, except for as of last week I have to pay the 27 cent tax... Which is really quite affordable for a meal. So there is another aspect of my life.

p.s. If you're wondering, my favorite sandwich is either the BMT, or turkey on wheat (both with all the veggies).

6 comments:

Bryce said...

I love a fresh sub at Subway. I am probably one of the guys you would hate to serve. They ask me what I want on my sub and I tell them everything. Then the next question is a on what kind of bun and I tell them to surprise me. They think I am being a punk or that I am trying to hit on them. Whatever they think my intention is they roll their eyes but soon find that I was being serious and they pack that sub so full. Oh man I love Subway!

El Termo said...

I heart Subway as well. I think that what people's sandwich preferences are tells you a little bit about them. Maybe I read too much into that, but I enjoy just about everything on my sub. It is really great to have all those flavors and textures in my mouth. If I just wanted bread and meat and cheese, I would save myself the couple of bucks and make a sandwich in my kitchen.

Alina said...

I absolutely love Subway and have just discovered this great place not too long. My favorite is turkey on wheat. I hate tomatoes and lettuce so the rest of my sandwhich is a little... well, unique. I get the provolone cheese with pickles (mmmm!), cucumbers, and olives with no sauce. Yep. That's my favorite!

Rob said...

Subway is great, I think its awesome that your title is Sandwich Artist. Next time you make a sandwich you should hold it up to the customer and ask "What does this sandwich say to you?" Ya know, really let them absorb the artistic value of your creations.

bean said...

When I was a freshmen and had my meal plan (free food) I would go to subway all the time. I would go to the Helaman Hall dorm one and the people there became my friends. I would get turkey on italian herb and I love all the veggies on mine! I was going to work there over summer last year but then I got a job that actually applied to my major so i figured I should probably take the latter lol. But I was way excited and then I would be a fellow sandwich artist :)

Anonymous said...

Ahh Subway. The last time I went to a subway it was one of the most disappointing experiences of my fast food dinning career. The service was atrocious, the food not much better. I thought to myself, "these artists have got to get it together". Shannon I am willing to let you redeem Subway's good name. I will have whatever bryce is having.