CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The beginning of our Food Experiment--January


Even though I have a misleading name, I have never eaten at the Red lobster. In fact I have never eaten a lobster or crustacean (except for fake crab once...) . My seafood experience is actually quite insignificant. I do enjoy the regular tuna fish sandwich, and fresh fish-- but generally I don't eat fishes from the sea, I usually stick with the burritos, salads and chicken.
I am actually a freshman here at BYU, and I live off campus, only because I needed a kitchen and space. I am very grateful for my kitchen because I get to cook so often. I don't get to crazy with my food because of budget, but my roommates do know me for spending three hours Saturdays making a veggie soup from scratch. When I have the time I also have been known to experiment with baking. Most recently before winter break I made pumpkin yeast bread, which wasn't that sweet kind that your mom gets from her visiting teachers. It was enjoyable to say the least.
I think that I should explain the lobster thing in more detail, because some might be confused. Several years ago I was shopping in a thrift store with my friend back in Oregon, when we came across a navy dress with red lobsters on it. "You have to wear this" my friend exclaimed, "okay" I replied, and like that every time we saw something with a lobster on it, it had to be accumulated. Soon we we're making lobster stamps and sewing lobsters on my tshirts. It was fun. Then along came Ann Klein with her special lobster collection ( a fashion designer known for her preppy bags, sweaters and classic women's clothing) needless to say we were shocked, and felt cheated. But we're over it now, and I still tend to collect lobster curios. Its not like lobsters consume my life, but it is an interesting thing about me, and everyone can associate lobsters with Shannon to make their life easier. That's probably the last you will hear about lobsters from me.

1 comments:

head chef said...

I love lobster! But a funny story. A few years ago I went to Alaska with my daughter Samantha. Ever since that time she won't eat salmon--she doesn't eat animals that she knows personally. Although I laugh at her silly reasoning on some level I agree with her. I could never buy a live lobster and take it home and cook it. I can't even select my lobster from a tank at the restaurant--I have to be satisfied with the waiters choice.